October 15, 2010

Pesto & Chicken Calzone

Pesto


Ingredients:
2 Cups fresh basil leaves
1/2 Cup parmesan cheese
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
2 Tsp Minced garlic or 1 garlic clove
Put all ingredients in the blender (or magic bullet :))

To make individual serving sizes I froze the Pesto in an ice tray.
For the calzone use the recipe found on the previous post here.
For the ingredients inside the calzone, I just grilled some chicken and added pepper and garlic salt.
Put together the calzones, spread the pesto
tasty chicken & cheese (I only had Monterey Jack and it tasted great)

Then after you pinch the edges glaze the top of the calzones with egg whites and add some grated parmesan cheese on top.
Bake at 350 until the top is golden brown.

These were very delicious. Jeff and I loved them!! They are pretty easy, especially if you already have the pesto made up. The dough is wonderful and is easy to make. We highly recommend them!!

2 comments:

Antrobus Fam said...

I know your sister Mel, I swear I'm not a stalker! I used your pesto recipe tonight, I normally just buy the ready made stuff, but this was pretty tasty!. I like that there are not any nuts in it, makes it much cheaper.

Jennifer Karyn said...

I'm glad you liked it!! This is Mel's blog too, so even if you were stalking, we'd be ok with that. :) Let me know if you have any other great recipes you use your pesto on!