September 23, 2010

Crisp and Creamy Baked Chicken

Ingredients:
4 Small Boneless skinless chicken breast halves
6 TBS (1/2 of 1 pouch) SHAKE 'N BAKE Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating mix
2/3 cup Condenseed cream of celery soup
1/4 cup milk
1 cup Shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheese

Heat over to 400

Coat chicken with coating mix as directed on package; place in greased 9X13 baking dish.

Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is done.

Mix soup and milk until well blended; pour over chicken. Top with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.

** I used chicken tenderloins and they cooked very fast! it was awesome. You could really just use bread crumbs, I don't think SHAKE 'N BAKE is necessary. Although the extra crispy did make the chicken very crispy.

I have become a fan of Kraft Foods Recipes. There are a lot of easy meals on there, and with my schedule I am very fond of easy, and inexpensive meals. I tried this recipe last night and I think it was delicious and took no time at all to make! Anyways, Jeff and I thought these were very good and we recommend it!

3 comments:

Kimi said...

Just admit it, I inspired you to cook again.

Jennifer Karyn said...

It's true Kimi! :)

Melanie said...

Okay, so I made these tonight. One thing I did differently was I used crushed stove top stuffing instead of the shake 'n' bake. I think that shake 'n' bake probably would have been better because it would have been crispy, which mine wasn't. I, too, used chicken strips, which I liked a whole lot more. I thought it was good ... it was just a little much. Chris and I both were done with it after one chicken strip ... but that one was delicious. It just seemed a little too heavy and rich for our tastes ... but then again, maybe if we stuck to the recipe our opinions might have been better. Don't get me wrong, we liked it, we just couldn't eat too much of it. And our 7 and 5 year old boys loved it, so that means a lot too. Anyway ... I'd give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5.