May 19, 2010

Chimichangas

Yield: About 4 large Chimis

  • 6 Chicken Tenderloins, or 2 cups shredded chicken
  • 1-2 cups Salsa of choice (the spicier the better)
  • Cumin
  • Oregano
  • Lots of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 4-6 flour tortillas
  • Sour cream/guacamole/salsa for toppings

First put the chicken and salsa in crock pot. Once chicken is done, shred it up! Make sure the salsa and the chicken is good and mixed together. Then add the Cumin and Oregano to taste. I used about 1 tsp Cumin and about half tsp Oregano. Mix it up GOOD. Let the Herbs cook in for about 5 more minutes. Next take your tortillas and put as much chicken as you want in them, topped with lots of cheese. Fold in the ends and then wrap up the chimi.

Next you have the option of a little more healthy, or a little more tasty, whichever you prefer... I wanted mine more tasty. Either deep fry your chimi's or spray them with Pam and bake them at 350* for about 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortilla is a little golden.

ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Karyn said...

Jeff, Kevin and I LOVED these. They are DELICIOUS!! And very easy to do. Jeff even liked them more than the flautas, so you know they are good. They are similar to the flautas, but so good. I definatly recommend them. I'm interested to see if someone bakes theirs, let me know if you do!!

krisjane said...

I made these last night and Aaron and I both loved them!! I baked them and they were still very tastey!!