July 17, 2012

The Gosh-Darn-Best-Bran Muffins

I absolutely love bran muffins. But not any bran muffins..just these. I have tried bran muffins at bakeries and I never like them like I love these. This was my first time making them. I usually leave it up to Mel and my Mom to make them for me when I go home to visit. But I decided I needed some last night...and man...they are good.

Six Week Bran Muffins

Mix:
2 cups boiling water with 5 tsp baking soda, cool.

Cream:
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cup sugar

Add:
4 eggs beaten stiff
4 cups All Bran Cereal
2 cups 40% Bran Flakes
1 cup nuts (op-- I leave these out)
1 qt buttermilk
5 cups flour
1 tsp salt

Mix in large container. Store in tight Tupperware. Will keep in refrigerator for 6 weeks.
Do not stir.
Bake in muffin tins @ 400* for 15 mins.

Enjoy!

0 comments: