June 10, 2012

Honey Granola

I wanted to make some granola that didn't have added sugar, high fructose corn syrup or oil. So I adapted a recipe I found online and this was the recipe I threw together You can add anything you want into it. I just like plain granola, not much added. All of these things I had in my kitchen so it made for a nice easy recipe to throw together.

4 cups oats
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1(+) cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup applesauce (the original recipe calls for oil. So I chose applesauce)
1/2 cup-3/4 cup coconut (I added coconut flakes but I put them in the magic bullet first so it's more like coconut powder. I'm not a fan of coconut chunks)

Mix dry ingredients and wet separately. Then mix all ingredients together really well.

I baked it at 300 for 7 minutes then stirred the granola. I did this 4 times. After the granola cooled I added semi-sweet chocolate chips (only because I didn't have mini ones)

1 comments:

Alicia said...

Pinned! Thanks Jenn!