March 15, 2011

Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies

(Not really sure if this recipe actually is a Mrs. Fields original, but that's what's been typed up in our family cookbook, and it's been that way for as long as I can remember)


Mix:

1 ½ cup sugar

2 cups brown sugar


Add and beat for two min:

1 lb. softened butter/ margarine (I usually use Imperial Margerine, but my mom uses real butter ... just make sure it's softened and not melted!)


Add:

3 eggs

2 TBL vanilla (use the good stuff ... it makes such a difference)


Add and beat for 5 min.:

6 cups flour

1 ½ tsp soda

1 ½ tsp salt


Fold in 1 11.5 oz bag of chocolate chips (I prefer Guittard Real Milk Chocolate Chips)

Drop onto cookie sheet. Bake@ 350 until done. (Time varies by oven. The recipe says 7-10 minutes, but I have always ended up baking for 11-12 minutes. Apply common sense here.) Makes approximately 6 dozen cookies.

1 comments:

Jennifer Karyn said...

These are my favorite cookies. Too bad I can never get the to turn out in Utah!! I might have to try again soon...