March 31, 2010

Chicken Strips

So this is a great, in-a-pinch, super easy, and delicious dinner idea. Technically the recipe calls for 6 chicken breasts, but all we had were chicken breast strips. These were a HUGE hit ... I should have at least doubled the recipe for our family.Ingredients:

1 packet Onion Soup Mix (any brand will do ... I usually buy generic)
2 TBS bread crumbs
Olive Oil
Chicken Breasts

Preheat oven to 400*. Combine bread crumbs and soup mix in shallow dish. Dip chicken in olive oil, then in soup mixture. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, until cooked.

And viola! There you have it. We dipped ours in honey ... and it was like dessert! Enjoy!!!
(sorry for no good pictures ... I took pics of before they were baked, but they got eaten up so quickly I didn't have time to take pictures of the finished product)



3 comments:

Jennifer Karyn said...

Jeff and I really liked these!! I did think that if you're cooking for more than 2 your probably need to at least double the recipe... I made 6 tenderloins...granted we didn't eat them all but if you're cooking for more than 3 then double it.

I thought the chicken was really good, and even more SOOO dang easy. If I didn't have to thaw out chicken I could've made them in 25 minutes including bake time. Can't wait to make them again.

I also wanted to carb over-load so I made pilaf....Mmmmmm

Melanie said...

hahaha, pilaf, that sounds delicious!

Jennifer Karyn said...

It really was.